Editorial & Journalism
Sprudge covers the coffee industry on an international level, publishing coffee news on every front — from drink recipes to in-depth barista competition coverage. Below are a couple of my contributions about Columbus' coffee scene.
- This Ohio Mead Bar Makes A Killer Coffee Cocktail
- The Roosevelt Coffeehouse: Good Coffee For Good Causes
Though I tend to focus on music, I am fairly versatile in what I cover for Columbus’ entertainment weekly. The stories here ought to show a little bit of everything.
- Concert preview: Chelsea Wolfe at Ace of Cups
- Concert preview: Freddie Gibbs at The Basement
- Bandwagon Bucks: Joining Ohio State’s national championship quest
- Locals: Sonic Roach leavens punk tunes with zombie humor
The Agit Reader
The Agit Reader is a small online publication, but as a staff we manage to publish new content daily. I focus on music by pop-punk and alternative rock artists. The links below lead to a couple choice cuts, as well as a year-end column about guitar rock.
- Festival review: Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2016
- Album review: White Lung / Paradise
- Top 10 Guitar Rock Songs: 2015 Edition
- Album review: Desaparecidos / Payola
- Album review: Joyce Manor / Never Hungover Again
The Columbus Coffee Experience
The Columbus Coffee Experience is a coffee tourism campaign from Experience Columbus. I contribute to the campaign's blog, crafting posts that showcase the growth of coffee business and culture in Columbus.
My biggest responsibility as a marketing intern with PromoWest Productions was editing and managing the company blog. This meant a lot of concert previews and recaps. Check out my profile on the PromoWest blog to see some of my first pieces of music criticism and promotion.